Thursday, August 21, 2014

Faith in spite of me..

I went to sleep listening to a sermon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqce4fhIpkE  This is no different to what I usually do. I always play worship music, sermons or the bible as I sleep. At about 6:13 the Lord woke me up and he began Saying "What did I say" all I could do is cry and pray in the spirit. Then he said "tell me what I said" so I begin to tell him what he said...all his promises. My promise of children, My promise of being a good mother, My promise of being a wealthy woman of influence and a host of other things.


Numbers 23:19 NLT God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change

his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?

You see Lillies we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and we forget what God promised us. Sickness comes, we loose people, jobs and other things and sometimes it can leave us feeling hopeless.Psalms 147:11 says  11 the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. 

This means we have to trust him no matter what things may look like. The  passage (from 6:-16) is something I feel should be read. 
Psalms 147 6-16
6 The LORD sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground. 7 Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp. 8 He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. 9 He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call. 10 His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; 11 the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. 12 Extol the LORD, O Jerusalem; praise your God, O Zion, 13 for he strengthens the bars of your gates and blesses your people within you. 14 He grants peace to your borders and satisfies you with the finest of wheat. 15 He sends his command to the earth; his word runs swiftly. 16 He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes.

What are God's promises to you? What have you lost sight of? In what area has your faith slipped?

This is my encouragement to you to keep the faith, if God promised you he will do it!!

1 comment: